Hello everybody, I’m Ashley Lovell the author of The Wish. A Paranormal Horror novel for teens about a girl who makes a wish that turns deadly. So let’s jump right into it.
Today’s blog is 10 things to expect from my novel The Wish.
- The first thing that you can expect from my novel The Wish is, of course, there will be a ghost. You can’t leave out a ghost if you’re writing a paranormal story.
- The 2nd thing to expect you will meet a witch from Salem Massachusetts. I’ve read stories about Salem and the witch trials years and years ago before I started this book and years later when I wanted the idea to write about a witch, I thought to myself why not have her come from Salem 1692.
- The 3rd thing that you will expect will be unexpected dreams. When your living in a house and weird things start to happen and you’re having dreams you know something’s up.
- The 4th thing that you will expect is that you will meet a psychic. I’ve always been fascinated and highly interested in psychic’s. I did do a little bit of research, but before I wrote this book I was already watching tv shows about them, so I didn’t do a lot of research on them.
- The 5th thing in The Wish is you will know a few things about a Paranormal Researcher. Writing about a witch and a girl who makes a wish that turns deadly I knew I had to have a paranormal researcher in the story. Who else would Alivia go to when she’s having these weird dreams and seeing a little doy that she’s never met before?
- The 6th thing that you will know there will be time traveling. If I could time travel like Inga can I would love to experiment life events that happened way long before I was even thought of. Like the Sinking of the Titanic. Daniel in The Lions Den and let’s not forget meeting John Wayne.
- In The Wish, you will also experience a loss. Everybody grieves a loss. And so does Alivia McGala.
- And another thing to expect and to learn from my novel The Wish that a child or a teenager should know to never take things from a stranger, especially when you are alone out in the middle of the woods. Alivia learned the hard way.
- You won’t be introduced to a witch or just a ghostly little boy, but you will meet a demon. Honestly, I had fun writing them and I tried to make them scary and now when I read back on it they scare me, so I guess I did my part.
- The last and final thing to expect from The Wish is, drum roll please. . . THE WOODS. I grew up out in the country and I use to run around in the woods and cats use to follow me all the time. So I knew I had to have the woods in the story. That wasn’t a three-second decision.
- Well, that’s all and I hope you enjoyed this blog.
My novel The Wish is available on Kindle and paperback on Amazon.com
Have a great day and God bless.